Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January Update

It has been weeks since I updated my blog. We are getting back to almost normal after all the illness. DH had a heart attack on Dec. 4th. My father is finally home from the hospital and much improved, has gained a bit of weight and looks stronger but the confusion lingers. It could possibly be the antibiotic they have had him on for so long. He will stop taking it on the 26th and we are praying that the confusion will then pass. It is so hard to see him like this. My DH has been going through so many tests....he also has a back problem so between the cardiologist, the gastroenterologist, physical therapy, and his Internist, we have been very busy with the appointments. The elderly aunt I care for, who has dementia, is going through a new phase in her illness. She no longer remembers that her mother and siblings passed on years ago. She expects them to come to see her or at least call her on the phone and gets very upset when they do not. I then have to tell her they have been gone for years and she will sob and acts as though her heart is breaking. She is so insistent about them that that there is no way to change the subject or be less than honest with her. She also has be diagnosed with lung cancer and the illness is beginning to show. She just had her 93 birthday last week. She has always had a real zest for living but I fear that is changing.

I will be having surgery in Feb. or early March. Not looking forward to it but it is in my own best interest to get this done. With so much going on in my family my stress level has been very high. I have not touched needle to thread since DH heart attack. I try but my heart is simply not in it. I can not focus on the stitching. It is about 40ยบ right now. I am hoping it will warm up enough that I can take Jade Kitty and Murphy Dog out into our court yard for a while this morning and sit in the sun and try to read. The phone will remain inside where I can not hear it ;-) Have a good day all and I do hope to get back to my lovely CQ block soon.

No comments: