Monday, December 3, 2007

Tinting the magnolia flowers

Here is how I tinted the magnolia Ing... after I made the magnolias on the patch I then dampened each petal with water. It was my intent to use my water color blocks to do this (like the ones we played with as a child...but better colors) however I had misplaced them and so used an Ozecraft dye and diluted the color quite a bit. At first they were too pale so I kept adding a bit more color here and there, building the intensity as I went. Then just when I thought I had gone too far as the color had become quite intense, I decided it would be best to allow them to dry before I ruined them. Luckily when they were dry they were perfect and I breathed a big sigh of relief....they were just right.

Vivian, thank you and I am pleased you enjoyed my blog ;-)

Gena

No comments: