Monday, December 3, 2007

This is my current project and I am trying to stay with it until it is finished. The color is slightly off but close enough for you to get the feeling. I made the magnolia branch on the left and then added just a bit of water to each petal.Then with a brush I added just a hint of violet to the base of each petal. I am happy with the result...but the fact that it is so directional bothers me. I wish I had added a rose vine instead. I still have 2 patches to finish. The lower light gold patch has me wondering...a bit of hand embroidery perhaps? I think a button cluster would not work here. In the green patch, below the butterfly I plan to add a few SRE flowers. Seam embellishing is my weakness but I have put it off as long as I can. I am too much the perfectionist and am seldom happy with my seam treatments.I believe this will go into a small wall hanging. It is the first block that I have made for myself. I invite your comments.

2 comments:

pineapple_ing said...

Hi Gena,
I love your SRE Magnolia.. and you painted the blooms *after* you stitched it?... that is sooo neat! I look forward to seeing more of what else you do with this block. It's beautiful so far.
Hugs, ~ Ing

Vivian said...

Hi Gena:
Very nice crazy quilt blocks. Your magnolias are wonderful1